Juffermansstraat 13, Oegstgeest
Ambience, privacy, and a garage with private entranceway right in the middle of the Oude Dorp!
This fantastic and light 1920s house has been maintained and improved with care, preserving the original details and style: stained glass and panel doors are found everywhere.
The house is surrounded by a garden on three sides, which gives the place a lot of privacy. There is a large garage with a private entranceway in the rear. This is ideal for charging an electric car and you’ll always have your own parking space!
The well-known and desired Oranjewijk in Oegstgeest is in the perfect location with schools, shops, sport clubs, Leiden city center, the beach, and the Kaag all very close by. You have public transportation and arterial roads to Schiphol International Airport, The Hague, and Amsterdam. Everything nearby!
The path outside takes you inside to the light central hallway with an open staircase, cellar closet, toilet with fountain, where the large three-part window with stained glass makes colorful light shine inside. The L-shaped living room has a birch wood floor, open fireplace, and French doors to the backyard. Connected to the living room is the L-shaped open kitchen with a stainless steel top. Besides a lot of storage space, all other desired appliances are available: refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, and gas cook top with 4 burners with a built-in deep fryer. Thanks to the garden landscape and the position of the house, no one will be able to look inside your house from the street.
The open staircase takes you to the landing that leads you to the two large bedrooms, a study/bedroom, and the bathroom. The latter has a bathtub, washbasin, and toilet. For this type of house, both large bedrooms have vintage built-in closets, so the French doors in the back of the bedroom open up to the balcony. This entire floor is made of very nice solid hardwood parquet floor with decorative fine line (Afzelia).
By opening the door, the staircase takes you to the landing on the second floor. This gives you access to the two large bedrooms and second bathroom. The bathroom has a walk-in shower, toilet, washbasin, and hook-up for the washing machine. The floor on this entire floor has been finished with laminate, and the walls and the ceiling with a decorative trim. The ceiling starts just half a meter from the floor and rises with a gentle slope, which makes it so this floor has more space than you would expect. The storage spaces are accessible from the bathroom and from one of the bedrooms.
A foldable metal ladder takes you to the attic with electricity.
You can reach the wide L-shaped backyard from the house and via the garage. This is a very light and sunny backyard because of the lack of other buildings in the rear of the house. You will have a lot of privacy because of the high hedge in the front and side garden.
The garage has electricity and because of its size, you can easily park your car in it, together with motorbikes, bicycles and a space for your hobbies. In addition, there’s enough space on the driveway to park another (electric) car.
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Spacious garage with electricity and driveway
- A lot of storage space, including a large attic with headroom
- Stained glass windows and panel doors
- Almost entire house has insulating glass, including the stained glass
- All original doors have been renovated and are laced with solid brass Italian-designed handles in matching style
- Boiler Vaillant 2018
- Electric installation replaced in 1998
- The second floor is fully insulated
- Roof replaced in about 2006
- Outside paintwork done in 2014
- The house has not been expanded, which means there is a possibility to expand the living area license-free beside the existing living space it is possible to create extra living space, either making the attic accessible with a fixed staircase from the second floor and building dormer windows, or extending the ground floor